“Ductless heat pumps are just as they sound, not needing any ductwork to convey the heated or cooled air.
Their benefits are many. Here are just a few:
- They do not pollute.
- They are relatively easy and inexpensive to install, and sometimes come with a rebate from the PUD.
- They provide filtered air — better for folks with allergies and health concerns.
- They require no ductwork in or under your house, saving you money on installation.
- They are inexpensive to operate — paying for themselves in just a few years and lasting 20 years.
- They are easy to maintain.”
Learn more about ductless systems by going here
While the benefits of a ductless system are many, there are just a few drawbacks. The visibility of the exterior and interior units is perhaps the biggest one. However, this is more of an aesthetic concern and unless your house is tight on space, this issue shouldn’t pose much of a problem. The only other real concern might be if you lose power. Since it depends on electricity, it won’t run unless you have a backup generator. Although, many other heating and cooling systems also depend on electricity so that really shouldn’t come as a surprise.
If you’d like to learn more about the ductless systems we offer, call Temperature Control Specialties at (317) 247-7663. As an authorized Trane dealer, we provide only the best in HVAC equipment and service. We look forward to speaking with you soon!