There are repeating maintenance issues that need attention during a maintenance call. When ignored, they can slowly destroy an HVAC system. Common problems include:
- Dirt and crud that gradually accumulates.
- Condensate blockage causing overflow and costly damage to a home.
- Friction resulting in parts not working together as effortlessly as they should (Eventually, these parts grind to a halt and stop working altogether).
- Electrical shorts from wires rubbing together and tripping the fuse or breaker.
- Refrigerant leaks causing the equipment to lose the gas that keeps it operating to condition a building.
All these issues result from neglect. They take a long time to show up and often leave no clues they are creating damage until it’s too late. What’s sad is that they are preventable with a little diligence and work.”
Read more about HVAC maintenance here.
Just like your car, or even yourself, and HVAC system should have regular check-ups. What might be a small inconvenience could ultimately save you from a major headache later on. Consider that routine inspection and maintenance should detect any potential problems that might lead to a catastrophic failure of your HVAC unit. Ask yourself is it worth paying for a service fee in the low hundreds for inspection or risk it and have to pay upwards of thousands for a repair?
The team at Temperature Control Specialties offers HVAC installation, maintenance, and repair. Whatever your needs are, we have you covered. Call us at (317) 247-7663 to schedule an appointment!